Nutritionists suggest that people eat up to 35 grams of fiber on a daily basis from high fiber foods for a well rounded diet. This list provides a foundation for achieving that goal.
1. Apples are known to be some of the best high fiber foods to consume. Granny Smith, Golden Delicious, Gala, Braeburn and Fuji apples provide 5 grams of fiber each in a single apple. No cooking or preparation required. They can be eaten just about anywhere including the car, at work, and even in bed. So, it is clear that apples are thought to be the most convenient high fiber foods.
2. Beans are some of the best high fiber foods to consume regularly. Black beans offer as much as 7 grams of fiber per 1/4 cup of dry beans. Garbanzo Beans are loaded with nine grams of fiber per quarter cup serving and 1/4 cup of Pinto Beans weighs in with a meaty twelve grams of fiber per serving. Most beans are high fiber foods that provide flavor to a variety of dishes. Very few foods with as many health benefits are as flexible, cost effective, and tasty as beans. Soups often provide a good source of beans. You may also like a few beans in a salad, or try the popular rice and beans. Some restaurants have bean burritos, chili with beans, or salads with beans on the menu. That makes it quick and easy to consume these healthy, high fiber foods.
3. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day to fill up on high fiber foods. A bran muffin, whole grain toast, or oatmeal are all hearty high fiber foods. Each one can give you 3g to 5g of fiber or more and they are straightforward to prepare. Breakfast is most always the first occasion to rev up your day with plenty of high fiber foods.
4. Fiber drinks are another simple way to consume high fiber foods. Using the Internet, you can quickly uncover some high quality fiber drinks that provide excellent sources of soluble fiber. In fact, one fiber drink mix even supplies fructooligasacharides, a pro-biotic soluble fiber that is found in foods like oats, barley, and rye. Fiber drinks provide a convenient way to mix up a tasty shake with a few pieces of bananas or fruit of any kind for a healthy, creamy, and filling way to kick off the day with 5g of fiber or more.
5. An energy bar that includes high fiber foods can deliver at least 3g of fiber per serving. If it does not, then it is not worth the calories. People often buy candy bars and power bars that offer little or no fiber. If you are going to buy a snack bar then select the one with the highest quality ingredients from high fiber foods. Try a fiber rich bar for a convenient snack any time of day to avoid the guilt of snacking on junk foods.
As one of the owners of www.BestHealthFoodStore.net, the online health food store for whole foods and fiber drinks, Everett Smith offers free resources for visitors to learn more about finding the most essential high fiber foods.