A Therapeutic Boarding School is a kind of an alternative high school that is established with the intention of helping parents and children to identify and manage learning styles and issues related to emotional, social conditions that can negatively impact a child’s mental health.
Individual Therapies Offered By Therapeutic Boarding Schools:
If needed, the various individual therapies available in a therapeutic boarding school are:
· Anger Management Therapy
· Behavioral Therapy
· Brief solution focused therapy
· Cognitive Behavioral therapy
· Individual Counseling
· Motivational enhancement therapy
· Play therapy
· Social Skills Therapy
· Stress management therapy
Role of Therapeutic Boarding School:
Therapeutic Boarding Schools are completely different from regular school. They are a kind of alternative school that offers specialized programs which are designed to treat certain psychological conditions among children. The roles of a therapeutic boarding school are:
· To provide academic programs that reflects specific treatment goals established by the professional treatment team during initial admission and assessment.
· To provide a classroom setting that offers calm and respectful environment.
· To provide a structured and consistent environment for positive development.
· To provide all the necessary support to students in helping them to meet established goals.
· To provide continued assessment of the student’s functioning and the progress they make in the alternative school.
· To provide counseling during difficult situations that may arise in the classroom.
· To provide the right problem solving and social interaction models.
· To establish and maintain communication throughout the school.
· To establish appropriate reward system for positive behavior and a system to compassionately redirect negative behavior.
Applewood Academy for progressive learning provides a structured and therapeutically- driven academic environment for children with special needs to help them develop and maintain a positive attitude towards learning. Applewood Academy provides services that are more intense and highly specialized than those found in an alternative high school setting. The curriculum developed by a certified teacher at Applewood Academy is approved by the Ministry of Education. Child and Youth workers are included in the academy to assist in behavioral management and in establishing a consistent and structured learning environment. The Applewood academy for progressive learning offers therapeutic component that include academic evaluations, behavioral management strategies, clinical consultations, self enhancement models and therapeutic support staff.